ღ♥ღ Extreme difficulties should be regarded a compliment ♥ for it is a Sign that you're a Soul being tested to see if you're ready to rise to the next level towards Enlightment ღ♥ღ Unknown
Health, Well-Being and Spirituality Station
Broadcasting to 41 countries
Give a certain percentage of your earning to universe by helping those who needed it the most.One is never poor to help out.Give according to ur capacity.Take care of Gods poor family too.The Fakir by Ruzbeh N. Bharucha
Because we can never be the owner of money.after your death money will go in someone else hands.This will reduce your Karmic debts too.
Yoga involves a structured training which involves :-
~ Restraining the senses.
~ Following a simple diet.
~ Controlling the mind.
~ Proper breathing and relaxation.
~ Regular exercises.
~ Regular meditation.
~ Introspection to look within and try to remove our own defects.
- Yoga teaches us how to maintain harmony between various forces acting on our body. If you have ignored our body, yoga shows us the way to restore our health by taking control of your mind and body. It is in our hands to take charge of our body.
- Regular practice of yoga is of utmost importance, even if you do couple of yoga asanas and pranayama in a day. Therefore, you should decide how much time to devote daily for yoga. For beginners 30 minutes to one hour is adequate depending on your health. Decide your daily practice based on available time and your present health.
- Do not expect miracles, but if you follow the guidelines provided in this course, you can feel remarkable results within two weeks if you are already in good health. For weak and inflexible people it may take up to a month to show significant results.
- Proper diet is essential to get maximum benefits of yoga practice. Most of the time we suffer from eating more than what is required. If your body is in perfect harmony you will not require much food to live. I recently met a 100 year old yogi who had forsaken all types of cereals and pulses, sugar and salt for last 30 years. With his frugal diet he was as healthy/ strong as a 50 year old person. He was perfectly fit and could do any asana comfortably.
- Here are some guidelines for healthy eating:-
~ Ensure proper diet comprising of lots of fruits, salads and leafy vegetables.
~ Chew your food properly. Do not be in a hurry when eating food.
~ Avoid drinking water while eating, drink water only 30 to 45 minutes after your meals.
~ Avoid tea/ coffee. Limit yourself to maximum of two cups of tea or coffee in a day.
~ Strictly avoid tobacco.
~ Try to avoid alcohol.
~ Moderate your food, this will reduce weight which will further help to improve your flexibility.
- Time for yoga practice. It is recommended to have a fixed time for yoga daily and try to follow this seriously. You can practice yoga in morning or evening but one hour before sunrise is the ideal time for yoga as oxygen content is high and there are minimal distractions.
- Yoga practice essentially does not require any accessory except your yoga mat. Most of other accessories are optional. Any loose fitting cotton clothes are ideal for yoga practice. Practice yoga on your yoga mat placed on the floor ( you must get a feel of hard floor) in a neat and well ventilated room. Do not do yoga on a mattress etc. After your yoga practice is over take a long rest in shava asana for 5 to 10 minutes.
- Constipation is one of the ailment which can give rise to lot of other problems. For yoga practice moderate your food and eat lot of fresh fruits, vegetables and salads. Drink enough water and sufficient fiber to avoid constipation. Ideally, your motions should be clear in the morning before yoga practice.
- Avoid stress. Try to keep your mind cool and calm at all times to have wonderful health, strength and vitality. Energy is depleted by fits of anger.
- Action steps to change your lifestyle :-
~ Analyse your health keeping in view your age, physical activity levels, games, diet and stress levels. Make out a written action plan for your health (exercise and diet) and follow it strictly.
~ Plan for adequate open-air exercises, substantial nutritious food and plenty of rest.
~ Initially select a very simple yoga sequence for practice and practice it daily.
~ Self control or moderation is required while eating, drinking, speaking or sleeping.
~ Create a friendly, harmonious environment at home and workplace. It will bring down your stress levels.
~ Reduce your wants/needs and lead a happy contended life. Most of us are slave to our gadgets. For example, can you imagine yourself without your favorite gadgets.
~ Try to banish negative thoughts.
~ Develop your will power to make healthy lifestyle choices.
~ Do not put the blame for lack of exercise on busy life. Fix a particular time for your exercise. Your body is a complex machine and requires maintenance in terms of proper rest, proper exercise, proper thinking and proper diet.
source : yoga-for-beginners-a-practical-guide.com